[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell under OsX

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 28 16:25:42 EST 2009

On 2009 Feb 27, at 5:21, Arne Dehli Halvorsen wrote:
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-UoNAfJ/:0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/
> launch-UoNAfJ/:0".

This is expected; X11.app doesn't support either extension, regardless
of what libraries you have installed.  (Some of us have argued to the
Apple X11 folks that XRandR should be supported, but unsuccessfully so

> Testing out the demos, it seems it can't find
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.Glade,
> Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL
> System.Gnome.GConf
> System.Gnome.VFS
> Media.Streaming.GStreamer
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.MozEmbed
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.SourceView
> Graphics.Rendering.Cairo.SVG

You just have to install the corresponding library ports, then rebuild

> ...and demo/arabic does not show any arabic

In my experience X11.app does a poor job translating non-Roman
character sets between itself and the WindowServer (X11.app is a
protocol adapter, not a full-fledged X11 server; this is also why
XRandR isn't supported).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu