[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell under OsX

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 28 16:25:42 EST 2009

On 2009 Feb 27, at 5:21, Arne Dehli Halvorsen wrote:
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-UoNAfJ/:0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/
> launch-UoNAfJ/:0".

This is expected; X11.app doesn't support either extension, regardless
of what libraries you have installed.  (Some of us have argued to the
Apple X11 folks that XRandR should be supported, but unsuccessfully so
far.)

> Testing out the demos, it seems it can't find
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.Glade,
> Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL
> System.Gnome.GConf
> System.Gnome.VFS
> Media.Streaming.GStreamer
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.MozEmbed
> Graphics.UI.Gtk.SourceView
> Graphics.Rendering.Cairo.SVG

You just have to install the corresponding library ports, then rebuild
Gtk2hs.

> ...and demo/arabic does not show any arabic

In my experience X11.app does a poor job translating non-Roman
character sets between itself and the WindowServer (X11.app is a
protocol adapter, not a full-fledged X11 server; this is also why
XRandR isn't supported).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu