[Haskell-cafe] Problem with haddock - it dislikes my comments

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 14:59:15 EST 2009

Having just read the Haddock manual , I am haddocking (may I copyleft
that verb?) my code.

But half-way through this data type, I discover that haddock rejects
my non-haddock comments, although GHC is fine:

-- | Non-interactive representation of a Chu Shogi move
data Move = Pass Piece Coordinate -- ^ Double move to empty square and back to origin
          | Igui Piece Coordinate -- ^Capture without moving
            Piece Coordinate      -- Captured piece
          | Double_move Piece     -- ^ Other double moves
            Coordinate            -- Initial location
            Coordinate            -- First destination
            (Maybe Piece)         -- Capture?
            Coordinate            -- Second destination
            (Maybe Piece)         -- Capture?
          | Capture Piece Coordinate Piece Coordinate
            Bool             -- Promote?
            Bool             -- Declined to promote
          | Move Piece Coordinate Coordinate Bool Bool

How can I document the components of each constructor?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire