[Haskell-cafe] Making the pointfree package work with cabal

Niemeijer, R.A. r.a.niemeijer at tue.nl
Fri Feb 27 13:53:14 EST 2009

Today I was very happy to discover the pointfree package, since lambdabot unfortunately doesn't work on Windows. The package works just fine, but the installation process is less than ideal. "cabal install pointfree" doesn't work and to install it manually you have to add containers and array to the build-depends list in the cabal file. To get rid of the warning about the build type you have to add build-type: Simple.
I asked in the IRC channel what the best course of action was to fix this and they referred me here. The author of the package is Thomas Jäger, who should go by the IRC name TheHunter. I would hereby like to ask him to make these small changes and upload a new version, or to give me or someone else permission to do so.

Regards,
Remco Niemeijer