[Haskell-cafe] Hardware for FRP programming - what should it support?

Noam Lewis lenoam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:33:07 EST 2009

Greetings,

I've heard about the Reduceron (graph reduction machine in FPGA), and
also FRP (functional reactive programming).

What sort of features/capabilities/architecture would you expect from
a processor that will be designed a-priori for FRP programming?
I guess it will need graph-reduction capabilities for the Functional
in FRP, but what other tools do we need or can we take advantage of
for the Reactive Programming?

I haven't thought about this much yet, just a question that came to
mind.

Any thoughts?

- Noam