[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hoogle and Network.Socket

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Wed Feb 25 21:00:56 EST 2009

The problem is that PL research is probably not going to stop evolving
in our lifetimes. Yes, that research needs a venue, but why should it
be Haskell? Haskell is a good language and it's time to start
benefiting from the research that's already gone into it. That means
some tradeoffs.

Haskell is already behind state-of-the art in PL research and it seems
unlikely to catch up (witness the slow evolution of Haskell' and the
non-existent progress on Haskell2). Of course, I could be wrong.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration