[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hoogle and Network.Socket

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Wed Feb 25 19:29:25 EST 2009

John Lato <jwlato at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really don't see anything wrong with using Hoogle to increase
> awareness (although I would appreciate it if platform-specific
> packages were searched as an option).
You won't hear me argue against it, in fact, I argued in favour of it.
Increasing awareness of cross-platform solutions, as well as providing
them, is a very different thing than demanding cross-platform support.

If 80% of all computer users use Windows, there shouldn't be any
problems recruiting a decent number of volunteers to care about
Haskell's Windoze support, should there?