[Haskell-cafe] package code duplication

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:22:44 EST 2009

There was a question recently about being allowed to get into package
internals, and I had a question.  I want to use uvector's stream internals
in ways that the exposed methods don't permit, but I don't especially want
to use another package (e.g. vector, which does expose its internals) or
reimplement my own stream fusion.  Would it make sense to duplicate
uvector's internals, copying licensing information and other stuff of
course, inside my package?  It's a suboptimal solution, but it seems better
than the alternative...

><

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com