[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: local documentation

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 19:13:24 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 17:42 +0100, Svein Ove Aas wrote:
> 2009/2/24 Felipe Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com>:
> > Just pass '--enable-documentation' to 'cabal install'. On *nix they're
> > generated at ~/.cabal/share/doc.
> >
> Or edit ~/.cabal/config and set the documentation key to True

However this does not maintain a complete module index like I think
Martijn is after.

It would be great if someone volunteered to implement that. There's a
ticket open for it:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/206

One question is where to put a central index. This is especially true
for the case of global installations. For per-user installs it's
probably fine to use ~/.cabal/share/doc/index.html or something, but for
the case of /usr/local that's certainly not ok. Needs some thought.

Duncan