[Haskell-cafe] IntMap documentation error

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:22:31 EST 2009

In the documentation for Data.IntMap updateMin, a piece of example
code both communicates incorrect intuition, and fails to even compile.

updateMin :: (a -> a) -> IntMap a -> IntMap a

 updateMin (\ _ -> Nothing) (fromList [(5,"a"), (3,"b")]) -- code
straight from the docs

<interactive>:1:49:
   Couldn't match expected type `Maybe a'
          against inferred type `[Char]'
   In the expression: "a"
   In the expression: (5, "a")
   In the first argument of `fromList', namely `[(5, "a"), (3, "b")]'

As a side note, the sort of operation implied by the example code was
really what I was looking for in the documentation -- but such a
method no longer exists in IntMap.  ::sad::

Who do I tell this to / how do I ask to get it fixed?

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com