[Haskell-cafe] The community is more important than the product

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Feb 23 08:58:00 EST 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 23:59:54 Don Stewart wrote:
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Protect_the_community
> Random notes on how to maintain tone, focus and productivity in an
> online community I took a few years ago.
> Might be some material there if anyone's seeking to help ensure
> we remain a constructive, effective community.

Note that you are guilty of most of these charges yourself, most notably from
the section "conceit":

. won't engage/argue with other positions
. makes sweeping claims.
. empty statements about a project's success

When I contested your empty statements about Haskell's success and your
sweeping claims, my post was censored and I was banned.

I am curious as to why you have changed tack and started trying to justify
yourself? Why not just continue to silently ban people?