[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: cabal-install and bash scripts in windows- Was: Re: pkgenv - disposable, isolated pkg environments

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:57:07 EST 2009

Forwarded to the list:

By the way, there are important packages such are haskell plugins, that have
also  this same single obstacle for workining under Windows.
Many have basically the same bash script that test the type of c compiler,
which fails miserably under windows:
example output:

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler
 cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
plugins-1.4.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 77

Could be possible to check if this problem can be solved with
cabal-install?.