[Haskell-cafe] Trying to install Cabal

Andrea Vezzosi sanzhiyan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:05:24 EST 2009

the solution here is to compile Setup.hs with ghc first, i.e. "ghc
--make Setup.hs" and then use the produced Setup.exe, this is also
recommended un linux since runghc will have to load and interpret many
modules if not.

However if you've already built cabal-install against 1.6.0.1 you can
simply "cabal update" and then "cabal install Cabal cabal-install" to
get both working with the latest code.