[Haskell-cafe] Re: speed: ghc vs gcc

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Fri Feb 20 14:13:00 EST 2009

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

> No! This is not how open source works! You *should submit bug
> reports* and *analysis*. It is so so much more useful than
> complaining and throwing stones.
Exactly. I don't know where, but I read that the vast majorities of
Linux bugs are reported, nailed, and then fixed, by at least three
different persons: The first reports a misbehaviour, the second manages
to find it surfacing in a certain line of code, the third instantly
knows how to make it go away.