[Haskell-cafe] Haskell.org GSoC

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Feb 19 08:52:37 EST 2009

Yes, this is indeed the point. Right now we express properties that a
type class should obey, but there is no compiler assistance to prove
or verify them.

A compiler aware of "properties" can do additional symbolic
manipulation to increase performance. Surely there has been some
research in this area already.

John A. De Goes
The Evolution of Collaboration

http://www.n-brain.net    |    877-376-2724 x 101