[Haskell-cafe] package for algebraic structures

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Feb 18 18:17:55 EST 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

> Now, a package only for one class with one method seems like overkill.
> However, it could serve as a start for a package of all kinds of algebraic
> structures. So I called the package “algebra” and put it on Hackage.
>
> So if someone wants to implement rings, ideals, fields or whatever, I’d be
> happy to receive patches.

Do you mean this one
   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Numeric_Prelude ?
It's still missing proper support of groups, semigroups, monoids since it
is not clear at all, how to structure that.
However, then you might say that this package is overkill for Grapefruit
since you only need the Semigroup class.