[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: first Grapefruit release

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Wed Feb 18 04:17:16 EST 2009

Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2009 19:36 schrieben Sie:
> > If you have problems with Gtk2Hs on Windows, it might be better to write
> > a Win32-based backend for Grapefruit instead of a wxWidgets-based one.
> > What do you think about that?
>
> Win32-based backend would make more sense as it is one less layer to deal
> with. But how? Same thing with Mac.

A student of mine wrote a fully automatic binding generator for C++ libraries
which also supports Qt extensions (signals and slots). (However, this guy
still has to give me the code. :-/ ) One could do a similar thing for
generating Win32 and Cocoa bindings. Then one could write Grapefruit UI
backends based on these bindings.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang