[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: first Grapefruit release

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Mon Feb 16 11:46:05 EST 2009

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2009 16:27 schrieb Gour:
> Do you anticipate that Grapefruit will be capable for writing real-world
> GUI apps quit soon?

I have no concrete anticipation. It depends very much on the community. If
there is notable interest and this interest makes people hacking on
Grapefruit then it might not take so long until you can write real-world apps
in Grapefruit.

I’m really interested in developing Grapefruit further. However, I also have
to do a PhD, etc. and so I need others which help. But I will try to help the
helpers as much as possible and also hack myself. Various immediate reactions
to my release announcement make me hopeful that there might be indeed notable
Grapefruit development from other people than me.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang

P.S.: The “hack myself” might not be a typo but it’s maybe a funny blooper.