[Haskell-cafe] ANN: The Typeclassopedia, and request for feedback

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Feb 16 09:53:52 EST 2009

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2009 10:29 schrieb Brent Yorgey:
> Hi all,
>
> If you've noticed the lack of a HWN this week, that's because I've
> been doggedly finishing my article entitled 'The Typeclassopedia',
> which I have just submitted for publication in the Monad.Reader.

Good decision (not in any way suggesting that HWN isn't a great thing, too)!

> http://byorgey.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/the-typeclassopedia-request-for-fee
>dback/
>
> happy haskelling!
> -Brent

Hah, seems I'm the first to point out a flaw in it:

Bottom of page 13:
"Also, note that although _ >> m = m would be a type-correct implementation
of (>>), it"
The remainder of the sentence is missing.

I'm not yet through it, but so far it has been excellent.

Cheers,
Daniel