[Haskell-cafe] Amazing

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:51:38 EST 2009

One of the things I liked a lot when working with C# was that as soon as my
code compiled, it usually worked after an iteration of two.At least if we
forget about the nasty imperative debugging that is needed after a while
because of unanticipated and unchecked runtime side effects.
After heaving read about Haskell and having written some small programs for
the last year or so, I'm now finally writing a bigger program with it. It is
not so easy yet since learning a language and trying to reach a deadline at
the same time is hard :)

However, it is just amazing that whenever my Haskell program compiles (which
to be fair can take a while for an average Haskeller like me ;-), it just...
works! I have heard rumors that this was the case, but I can really confirm
it.

A bit hurray for strong typing! (and if you don't like it, you can still use
Dynamic and Typeable ;-)