[Haskell-cafe] IO semantics and evaluation - summary

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Fri Feb 13 12:34:02 EST 2009

Many thanks to everybody who tried to set me straight on the thread about IO
monad and evaluation semantics.  I've begun summarizing the info, and I
believe I've come up with a much better way of explaining IO; just flip the
semantic perspective, and think in terms of interpretations instead of
actions.  Voila!  Oxymoron (values that perform actions) eliminated.   See
the "Computation considered harmful" and "Fixing Haskell IO" articles at
http://syntax.wikidot.com/blog

Naturally I would be grateful for any corrections/comments.

Thanks,

gregg