[Haskell-cafe] Race condition possible?

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 05:44:27 EST 2009

Ah yes, then you're doing a double handshaking in a sense, of course. Not
ideal if you just want to put something in the MVar and resume as quick as
possible. However, in that case one could fork a dummy thread that only does
readMVar I guess.

But does it also work when you want multiple threads that are waiting for
the same MVar, and a single thread that writes to the MVar? It think is
does, when you use readMVar one thread will get the value and the others
will get it sequentially since readMVar puts the value back...

Again you guys gave a solution, an amazing brain thank this cafe is...
Usually one gets drunk in a cafe, destroying braincells. Here it's the
opposite :)

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk