[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Google Summer of Code 2009

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:29:36 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Felipe Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we already have enough information to turn
> http://okmij.org/ftp/Haskell/Iteratee/ into a nice, generic, cabalized
> package? I think Iteratees may prove themselves as useful as
> ByteStrings.

I still haven't figured out what the "correct" definition of Iteratee
would look like. The Iteratee code that Oleg wrote seems to have the
structure of some kind of "two level" monad. I think that's the reason
for the frequent occurrences of >>== and liftI in the code. There
seems to be some things we yet have to discover about Iteratees.

Cheers,

Johan