[Haskell-cafe] GHC development

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Feb 11 13:47:36 EST 2009

andrewcoppin:
> OK, so I have a small question.
>
> I was just wondering what the current state of development with GHC is.
> So, I had a look at the developer wiki. Unfortunately, as best as I can
> tell, most of the status pages haven't been updated in many months.
> (Most of them still talk about what will or won't be in 6.10.1, which
> has been *released* for a while now.) What's the best way to find out
> what the "real" state of affairs is? What are the developers really
> working on? What's on hold? How far have people got with things? Etc.
>
> (Yes, I know. I'm nosey...)

GHC questions should go to glasgow-haskell-users,

    http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2009-February/thread.html

To really see what is going on, look at the commit list and the bug
tracker,

    http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2009-February/thread.html

Bug tracker,

    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=priority&type=bug&order=id&desc=1

These links are trivial to find from the GHC home page.

-- Don