[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Google Summer of Code 2009

Jamie haskell at datakids.org
Wed Feb 11 09:06:26 EST 2009

Hi Bulat,

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> Hello Jamie,
>
> Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 5:54:09 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Seems like it is ok to write H.264 in Haskell and released via GPL
>> license?
>
> anyway it's impossible due to slow code generated by ghc

I see, I guess I'll have to stuck with C version of H.264 in my Haskell
programs.  Maybe in future when ghc have better optimizations.

At least one can write various subset of H.323 standard in Haskell as the
only part of H.323 subset that is CPU intensive is video/audio codecs, the
rest is just mainly network I/O code.  http://www.h323plus.org/standards/

> Best regards,
> Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com

 	Jamie