[Haskell-cafe] Gtk2HS 0.10.0 Released

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:40:57 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

Oh, dear... it seems I've forgotten how to spell "cafe", and sent this
message to haskell-caft at haskell.org the first time around.  I resent it
to all the lists again (just to make sure everyone interested receives
it), so I apologize for any duplicated messages you might have received.
  In any case...

I'd like to release the announcement of Gtk2HS 0.10.0.  A lot of new
stuff has gone into this release, including:

- Support for GHC 6.10
- Bindings to GIO and GtkSourceView-2.0
- Full switch to the new model-view implementation using a Haskell model
- Support for many more model-based widgets such as IconView and an
updated binding for ComboBox
- Full Drag-and-Drop support
- Better support for Attributes in Pango
- Replaced Event for EventM monad, thereby improving efficiency and
convenience
- Functions for interaction between Cairo and Pixbuf drawing
- Lots of bug fixes, code cleanups, and portability improvements

With this release, the bindings to GnomeVFS and GtkSourceView-1.0 have
been deprecated.  The TreeList modules have been deprecated from the
Gtk+ bindings.

Source and Win32 binaries are available at:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49207package_id=42440&release_id=659598

Thanks to everyone who submitted bug fixes and features this time around!

Thanks,
Peter Gavin
Gtk2HS Release Manager