[Haskell-cafe] Re: haddock-2.3.0 literate comments discarded from .lhs input

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 8 19:33:44 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 19:18 +0100, Andrea Vezzosi wrote:
> I did work on this and i simplified the code a lot fixing
> inconsistencies and making more explicit what how each component
> contributes to the arguments to haddock.

Much appreciated.

> Aside from this, should we also do the unliting and cpp from Cabal on
> the sources passed to HsColour?

Hmm. I thought it did already :-) Well, I know it runs happy, hsc2hs
etc. Someone was complaining the other day that the hscolour output run
on the result of happy is not really readable, but then it's not clear
if running it on the happy input would be any better.

For the particular case of .lhs and cpp, I hope we'd get better hscolour
output by not running unlit or cpp first. Malcolm says it'll at least do
something. So it seems worth checking which ends up looking more useful.

Duncan