[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: X Haskell Bindings 0.1

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:57:39 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to announce a version bump for the X Haskell Bindings (XHB)
> library, to 0.1.* from 0.0.*.
>
> The goal of XHB is to provide a Haskell implementation of the X11 wire
> protocol, similar in spirit to the X protocol C-language Binding
> (XCB).

On a related note, I don't think I've ever formally announce my
xcb-types library:

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/xcb-types

The goal of this project is to provide a parser for the X11 Protocol
descriptions used by the XCB project.  This is probably a bit
specialized of a library, so I doubt I'll be announcing future
releases as widely.

The XML files that this is built to parse are available at:

http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/

in the xcb-proto-X.X.tar.gz files.

This library is among those required to build the source distribution
for the XHB library.

-Antoine