[Haskell-cafe] HSGI: Haskell Server Gateway Interface

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Feb 7 17:20:04 EST 2009

Felix Martini ha scritto:
> Hi Manlio,
>
> Have you looked at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WebApplicationInterface ? If you
> did is there something in that proposal that you think should be
> changed or is not clear? There is currently a lot of interest in
> writing web frameworks for Haskell and it would be great if the
> frameworks support a common interface like Python's WSGI and Ruby's
> Rack interface and all use the same frontends like Hyena and modules
> for Apache, Nginx etc.

Another typo at chapter 4.2 (the end):

"The consumed likely wants..."
should be
"The consumer likely wants..."

Another problem I have not discussed in previous reply is with the use
of the custom Enumerator.

There is nothing wrong in using it (it is the best choice, IMHO),
however there is *little* support for enumerators in Haskell base
packages, and little examples about how to use it.

It is not a "know" pattern in the Haskell community.
So, it may be the right choices, but it may be a bit premature, IMHO.

> Felix

Manlio