[Haskell-cafe] Moggi :: CT -> Hask

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Sat Feb 7 12:11:29 EST 2009

Hi,

I had a monadic revelation at about 3 am.  The answer to the question
"what is an IO value, really?" is "who cares?"  I just posted a blog
entry discussing how CT found it's way from Moggi into Haskell at
http://syntax.wikidot.com/blog (hence the title; Moggi as functor).
It addresses the question of what such things are and why Moggi's
insight is so brilliant.  Feedback welcome, but please remember this
is coming from a non-mathematician who likes to write.  If you find
anything there that outrages your inner Russell, please correct me,
but be gentle.

Thanks,

gregg