[Haskell-cafe] Haddock Markup

Andy Smith andy.haskell at zambezi.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 13:24:35 EST 2009

2009/2/6 Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org>:
> So using TeX as a general language for math is a very bad idea, in my opinion.
> The problem is that there is no good language which provides enough
> structural information for conversion into MathML and is at the same time
> simple to write and read. Maybe, both requirements contradict.

ASCIIMathML [1] is designed to do this. It doesn't cover everything in
Presentation MathML, and makes no attempt to handle Content MathML,
but you can do quite a lot with it. The notation has a formally
defined grammar and rules for conversion to MathML [2].

[1] http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/asciimath.html
[2] http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimathsyntax.html

Andy