[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell tutorial for pseudo users?

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Fri Feb 6 02:30:30 EST 2009

Jonathan Cast <jonathanccast at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 20:55 +0000, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> > Deniz Dogan wrote:
> > > Learn You a Haskell for Great Good (http://learnyouahaskell.com/)
> >
> > Mmm, interesting.
> >
> > Does anybody else think it would be neat if GHCi really did
> > colourise your input like that?
>
> Bleah.  More terminal hacking to break and/or slow Emacs to a crawl?
> No thanks.

A while ago, I'd say that emacs looks like a decent operating system,
sadly lacking a decent editor. Now it seems that it's even lacking a
decent terminal. I'm really not sure what to make of all that: Would
you recommend using it?

Eternal flamewars cast aside, what about integrating such a thing into
yi? Yi has the advantage of working for both masochists _and_ efficient
typists.