[Haskell-cafe] Crash using GHCi and GHC API under Windows

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:43:52 EST 2009

We have a program that uses the GHC API to dynamically compile and run new
code.
We're using GHC 6.10.1

Under GHCi it works fine under OSX, but when running it on Windows, I get

GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol
   _hs_gtWord64
whilst processing object file
   C:\app\ghc-6.10.1\ghc-prim-0.1.0.0\HSghc-prim-0.1.0.0.o
This could be caused by:
   * Specifying the same object file twice on the GHCi command line
   * An incorrect `package.conf' entry, causing some object to be
     loaded twice.
GHCi cannot safely continue in this situation.  Exiting now.  Sorry.

When compiling the program using GHC --make, it runs fine

Is this a know issue? Other people encountered this?

Thanks,
Peter