[Haskell-cafe] Purely funcional LU decomposition

Paulo Tanimoto tanimoto at arizona.edu
Tue Feb 3 20:26:58 EST 2009

Hi Rafael,

2009/2/3 Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto <RafaelGCPP.Linux at gmail.com>:

>           Hello folks
>

>          After a discussion on whether is possible to compile hmatrix in
> Windows, I decided to go crazy and do a LU decomposition entirely in
> Haskell...
>
>          At first I thought it would be necessary to use a mutable or
> monadic version of Array, but then I figured out it is a purely interactive
> process.
>
>          I am releasing this code fragment as LGPL.

Pretty cool, thanks for releasing this into the wild.  I remember
looking into this about a year ago.  By the way, have you seen Matt's
DSP library?

http://haskelldsp.sourceforge.net/

He's got LU and others in there, if my memory serves me.  The last
release seems to be 2003, so it might be worth emailing him to see
what happened and if he has plans for the future.

Regards,

Paulo