[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why binding to existing widget toolkits doesn't make any sense

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Tue Feb 3 15:19:03 EST 2009

CSS is purely declarative in nature and entirely deterministic.
Moreover, it's expressive power is such that you can completely and
radically alter the look of a website with modifications to CSS alone
(see Zen Garden). The grammar and semantics are relatively simple and
can be interpreted and generated by tools, which means that a designer
can work with CSS files without knowing anything about CSS.

Is it perfect? No. But it's a lot better than trying to encode
everything in a single language that only a software developer can
safely work with.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.