[Haskell-cafe] FP simulators for real-time systems?

Jamie Brandon jamiiecb at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:15:03 EST 2009

Opis is an ocaml library for implementing reactive systems where the
same code can either be executed, run in a simulator or used as a
specification in a formal model checker. The model checking is only
possible because referential transparency massively reduces the state
space of the program.

http://perso.eleves.bretagne.ens-cachan.fr/~dagand/opis/

Flask is a similar haskell project which generates code for sensor
networks. I don't know if they've gone as far down the
testing/modelling route.

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mainland/flask/

The general theme is promising - reducing mutable state makes it much
easier to automate reasoning about code.

Jamie