[Haskell-cafe] type metaphysics

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Mon Feb 2 12:56:28 EST 2009

You can enumerate all possible implementations of functions of type
(Integer -> Bool).
Just enumerate all strings, and give this to a Haskell compiler
f :: Integer -> Bool
f = <enumerated-string-goes-here>
if the compiler is happy you have an implementation.

The enumerated functions do not include all mathematical functions of
type (Integer -> Bool), but it does include the ones we usually mean
by the type (Integer -> Bool) in Haskell.

  -- Lennart