[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why binding to existing widget toolkits doesn't make any sense

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 06:28:50 EST 2009

Hi Jeff

Thanks.

OpenVG is an interesting bit of kit, however...

VGU - the higher level layer - would be hard pressed to be less like
Haskell, you draw shapes and lines while passing a path handle around.
Also, Shiva-VG - http://sourceforge.net/projects/shivavg - the
implementation of OpenVG that the Haskell binding works with supports
OpenVG 1.0.1, so it doesn't handle text at all. Text functions were
added to the OpenVG at version 1.1. In the short term, this limits the
usefulness of OpenVG, but if the implementations develop it does look
like a good prospect.

Stephen