[Haskell-cafe] Timing in atom -- how consistent?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 22:43:37 EST 2009

  I'm working with Atom to program an ATtiny25. I am curious
  about how consistent the timings actually are.

  Consider John Van Enk' example of blinking a LED on an
  Arduino:

    http://code.sw17ch.com/blog/atom/blink_atom.c

  We see that sometimes `setLED' is executed and sometimes not.
  When `__clock' is incremented, it will be incremented
  sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

  Also, I am a little puzzled by the `__coverage` variable. What
  does it do?

  As for my project/motivation -- I'm just trying to blink a
  little LED on much less robust/rich kit -- the Trippy RGB
  Waves kit from Lady Ada. I am (gratuitously) exploring ways to
  program it with Haskell.

--
Jason Dusek