[Haskell-cafe] ANN: HPath-0.0.0

Alexander Dunlap alexander.dunlap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 03:01:48 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com> wrote:
>  HPath is a command line utility to grab the Haskell source
>  for a given identifier:
>
>  :; dist/build/hpath/hpath HPath.Path.parse 2>/dev/null
> parse                       ::  String -> Either ParseError Path
> parse s = Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.parse (qualified []) s s
>
>  This is an alpha release. There are many things HPath can't
>  retrieve -- like constructors -- and there seem to be some
>  complications with the underlying parser/pretty printer (some
>  times you get far too many newlines).
>
>  There will be another release when the newline issue is
>  resolved. The hope is to release HPath in conjunction with
>  LaTeX macros to allow easy inclusion of Haskell in elaborate
>  documents.
>
> --
> Jason Dusek

The package doesn't build with haskell-src-exts version 1.5.1 (the
latest version on Hackage). It would be good to either make it build
with HSE 1.5.1 or else put a maximum version of HSE in your .cabal
file so that Cabal can select a lower version of HSE if available.

Looks like an interesting package; I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Alex