[Haskell-cafe] (liftM join .) . mapM

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 13:36:04 EST 2009

Hi Stefan

The bird names for combinators stem from Raymond Smullyan's book - To
Mock a Mockingbird (this is second-hand knowledge as I don't have my
own copy - though I think I've just obliged to get myself one as a
post-Christmas treat).

The other names B1 B2 and the more common S K I C W etc - many of
these surely date back to Schonfinkel, but maybe some of the exotic
ones are due to David Turner as he used a particular set to implement
the pioneering functional language SASL (again this is all second hand
knowledge via Antoni Diller's excellent, but out of print book
'Compiling Functional Languages').

Best wishes

Stephen