[Haskell-cafe] : cabal install SDL

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 12:49:24 EST 2009

C:\Windows\system32>cabal install SDL
Resolving dependencies...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             (

     Warning: In the use of `defaultUserHooks'
              (imported from Distribution.Simple):
              Deprecated: "Use simpleUserHooks or autoconfUserHooks,
              unless you need Cabal-1.2 compatibility in which case you
              must stick with defaultUserHooks"
Warning: defaultUserHooks in Setup script is deprecated.
Configuring SDL-0.5.9...
setup.exe: sh: runGenProcess: does not exist (No such file or directory)
SDL-0.5.9 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

I searched on google, it says some modules (e.g. SDL) requires a
unix-shell to run the ./configure script. I do have Cygwin on the
machine, but I installed GHC/Haskell Platform on the host machine (not
on Cygwin). If I installed the SDL package inside cygwin using cabal,
would cabal installs the SDL on the Cygwin environment or on the host
machine? (i.e. can I use the resultant SDL-binding outside Cygwin?)