[Haskell-cafe] Continuable and serializable parsers.

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:55:27 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:25:41PM +0200, Serguey Zefirov wrote:
> I am looking more for the way to serialize intermediate parser
> computations. The first problem is, actually, easy one. ;)

Probably you'll have to create a data constructor for each step
of your parser.

AFAIK, one of HAppS modules does a similar transformation via
Template Haskell.  The functions specify transactions, and each
transaction is converted to a serializable data type.  Then it's
possible to create a transaction log by serializing them before
their execution.

Of course you could also modify Happy instead of writing a TH
transformation.  Both are preprocessor.  TH would be more
convenient, though.

--
Felipe.