[Haskell-cafe] Instances of `IsString`.

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:33:13 EST 2009

Hi Jason,

I believe the original purpose of IsString was to enable writing of
DSL's, much like described in this paper:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1411236

As such, you might find far more uses of IsString inside DSL's, some
of which are likely to remain private. It was never designed to be a
feature for every day use, but if you need it (as you do for Paradise)
then it's hard to live without.

Thanks, Neil