[Haskell-cafe] pointfree-trouble

slemi 0slemi0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:09:34 EST 2009

hello everybody, i'm a newbie this is my first post here..

i have trouble making a function pointfree:

data RealFrac a => Matrix a = Matr [[a]] | Scalar a
  deriving (Show, Eq)

unMatr :: RealFrac a => Matrix a -> [[a]]
unMatr = (\(Matr a) -> a)

reMatr :: RealFrac a => ([[a]] -> [[a]]) -> (Matrix a -> Matrix a)
reMatr a = Matr . (flip (.) unMatr) a

this works fine, but if i leave the 'a' in the last function's definition
like this:
reMatr = Matr . (flip (.) unMatr)
it gives an error. can anybody tell me why? (i'm using ghci)