[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.12 on OS X 10.5

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Mon Dec 21 14:38:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Conor McBride
<conor at strictlypositive.org> wrote:
> I thought I'd record my upgrade exerience (so far) in case anyone else
> finds it useful, and (more selfishly) in case anyone has some helpful
> advice. Summary of situation

You just described what I went through last night with GHC 6.12 before
giving up and going to bed, except that I'm on Snow Leopard (OS X
10.6).  I got the "undefined symbols" errors when trying to compile
cpphs, which came up at some point in the build process when trying to
install Happstack via cabal 0.8.0.  I was wondering if if something
was getting confused between my MacPorts libraries and OS X, and your
experience certainly makes it seem that way; I have the MacPorts paths
set up in my .cabal/config file as extra-include-dirs and
extra-lib-dirs, otherwise I can't get particular libraries (e.g.,
pcre-lite) to compile.

I'm going to wipe my .cabal and .ghc and try from scratch to build as
much as possible without the MacPorts paths, only re-adding them for
single builds as necessary; I'll write back after I see how that goes.