[Haskell-cafe] Re: no sparks?

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Mon Dec 21 12:07:20 EST 2009

\a b -> Left a `amb` Right b

________________________________

From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
[mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Jamie Morgenstern
Sent: 21 December 2009 16:50
To: Benedikt Huber
Cc: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Re: no sparks?

Thank you for all of the responses! The amb package is something like
what I want; though, as aforementioned, the right and left rules won't
return the same proof and so we can't really use it here.

I've been thinking about this problem generally, not just in the Haskell
setting. It makes sense (in the very least, with theorem proving)
to allow

a p|| b

to return the value of a or b, whichever returns first, wrapped in a
constructor which would allow you to case analyze which result returned

case (a p|| b) of