[Haskell-cafe] Are functional dependencies around to stay?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Dec 21 08:07:27 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there is any chance that functional dependencies will
not be around in the future. I do not actually understand the subject
yet as such, but I'd like to make sure before I get deeper into it that
it's something that will be around in the time to come.

What I understand of Haskell is that it's not so much "engineered" like
other languages but more "derived" from Math, well the very foundations
anyway. But some things I can not determine whether or not they are
derived from math and thus will stay, or are engineered and might go
away, functional dependencies for instance.

Günther