[Haskell-cafe] An old package and the new Cabal.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 17:43:45 EST 2009

  I'm trying to update CEDICT to work with the new Cabal (after
  many years of neglect).

    http://github.com/jsnx/cedict/tree/40d426c6d7db65948cef5c357633628a5275d877

  Right now, it can't seem to find the data header `c/data.h` no
  matter what I put in the Cabal file. I'd think these lines
  would do the job:

    includes        : c/data.h
    c-sources       : c/data.c
    extra-lib-dirs  : c
    include-dirs    : c

  The message I get is:

    Resolving dependencies...
    Found existing header file at c/data.h
    Configuring cedict-0.2.6...
    setup: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
    * Missing header file: c/data.h
    This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
    provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
    already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
    --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.

  It takes like a minute to err out, too. This isn't urgent or
  anything but it would be nice to know how to get this build
  process -- C generation followed by compilation -- to work
  again.

--
Jason Dusek