[Haskell-cafe] lhs2tex, Haskell Platform and cygwin

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 17 10:01:19 EST 2009

I just downloaded a fresh copy of Haskell Platform, and successfully got
cabal to update itself.  I installed smallcheck-0.4 successfully too.

But then I tried to install lhs2tex, which 'worked' until the point of
saying:
Linking dist\build\lhs2TeX\lhs2TeX.exe ...
Installing executable(s) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Haskell\bin
setup.exe: The program mktexlsr is required but it could not be found

And I do have 'mktexlsr' in my cygwin PATH (where I was running 'cabal
install lhs2tex').  It's true that mktexlsr isn't in my Windows PATH.  I
would have thought someone else would have encountered this already, but
my google searchers found other (long fixed) problems with lhs2tex under
cygwin, but not this one.

Jacques