[Haskell-cafe] Re: Optimizing Parsec 3 -- was: Wiki software?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 07:45:21 EST 2009

Hi Jason

UU parsing somewhat invented the Applicative style - it defined the
usual combinators from Control.Applicative (<$>), (<*>), (<*), (*>)
etc. but didn't have an 'Applicative' type class.

By obligation, I mean relying only on the Applicative class for the
derived operations, here manyTill, choice etc.

Best wishes

Stephen